Singingtoes... happy feet, warmed by hand and wool....and a voice that loves to sing. Rare is the moment when there is no song in my head or my heart. Is it your turn to sing?

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

T-T-T Tuesday, and it's still cold

Cold enough to want to wear wool. Right? It's February and it's winter. Did any of us really expect other than cold? Look here to see what's happening in my neck of the woods..

I've been knitting and spinning and knitting some more. Trying to finish off some projects. I've made the decision about 1 sock...now frogged and a 2nd that will be frogged. I continue to work on a vest for Nick in nice light and dark browns. He figures it should be a memory vest. (one that has different fibers from different places that we remember) Well the end product might not be what I had envisioned but just the same I will continue to knit and change fibers and tones as I go. This is again about the process and not the finished item.

After realizing just how many are in need of hats and mitts this time of year I've decided that I will definitely plan better for next winter and get a head start on a bag of goodies for the street folks in Ottawa. For now, a trip to the store to purchase some long johns for them might be in order.

For project Spectrum: I'm currently spinning some lovely blues in an unknown (possibly romney) nice fiber. Will get a pic soon. Not sure what it will be yet although the above mentioned mitts might be a good start.

For now...I'll just keep spinning...

til again......

No comments: