Singingtoes... happy feet, warmed by hand and wool....and a voice that loves to sing. Rare is the moment when there is no song in my head or my heart. Is it your turn to sing?

Monday, December 10, 2007

Waiting...

As we continue to get the normal, winter weather the song "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" is ringing true. All is white, fluffy and rather beautiful..in that...it's too cold for me to enjoy outside kind of way.

The choir sang "Like a Child I Wait" on Sunday. That's me right now. I'm waiting for the week to progress; more rehearsals, more lessons to teach; the house to get ready for a party on Sunday; decorations that need to be looked at, repaired or replaced; and for holiday which I really need right now. Waiting is not something I do very well. I've learned patience over the years. I mean, why keep the rocking chair moving if it's not going anywhere? Right? But, it's the childlike anticipation I'm feeling. Wondering if the weather will hold so that I can see my family sometime this month. Wondering if the rest of the musical engagements will sing merrily by?

So what do I do while waiting? Bake, rest, exercise (well, in my mind at least), check the bank account (will the post office ever find Nick's missing cheque?) Perhaps if I picked up the sock I'm working on the urge to snack on saltly, yummy, yet terrible things would pass...along with the time.

I'm in the process of recording some old Christmas carols...old enough that I don't need to worry about royalties. Also, thinking of creating another new one for this season. The creative side of me needs to be nurtured, molded, and if not practiced, exercised.

With all the food and fun ahead my goal is to remain, at all times, grateful for the many and rich blessings that make up my life.

Christmas is coming. Are you ready? Are you waiting?....

No comments: